RE: [OM] Re: Nikon Digital Lens

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Nikon Digital Lens
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:25:16 -0500
True, but if you read the reviews on the net of the G-series lenses, they
leave alot to be desired.  I would never get one.  There are tons of Nikon
lenses from the past that are much better.  These new "electronic lenses"
are a pain, but, unfortunately, the wave of the future.

This notion that electronic manual focussing is bad is a bit silly slow.
While I would not use it on a camera unless I have to, all camcorders use
this technology (and use it quite well).  Digital cameras use it as well
(including the "famed" E20).  This technology has been around for a long
time now.  It only makes sense that it makes its way into SLRs.  We have to
face this fact.

BTW, I was ready to sell all my OM stuff for the FM3a, but many the FM3a
really bothers me!!!  My OM1n after all these years still kicks the newer MF
cameras.

-Bill