Re: [OM] OM1 50/1.4 photos

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 50/1.4 photos
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:47:32 -0500
> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:17:19 +1100
> From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I intend to give mum & dad a triptych in a simple black-
> matted (or maybe white? Opinions?) frame of...

I'd say white - given it's a triptych that might be quite a lot of black.
But try before you buy - lay them out on top of some white matte and on
black to get an idea (as long as you don't have really wide borders).

> I'm not requesting anyone's opinion, though I'd naturally
> appreciate any criticism. I'm beginning to find that, as much
> as I try to spend time taking "arty" photos, and using different
> focal lengths and cameras, I do best for myself with these
> semi-candids "unposed portraits" with just an OM1 and 50/1.4
> (film is still my usual Kodak Black&White C41 film).

Nice shots.

You're right, you don't want family candids turning into an arty production.
On the other hand I think you're already finding that with practice
composition and style start to creep in as reflexes, where they don't
interfere.

Andrew