[OM] 35-105/3.5-4.5: of lens hoods and caps...

Subject: [OM] 35-105/3.5-4.5: of lens hoods and caps...
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:26:51 +1300
Hi Bernard & all

I agree totally with the caution written by Moose about the clamp-screw of
this style of lens hood.

The screw of my 35~105 got bent somehow about 15 years after I bought it.
So I straightened it. And it snapped in two. It's that kind of brittle metal.

I recommend taking it off the lens when not in use, and placing it in position
only when you really think you will be using it during the next minute or hour
or so. And take it off when stored in a camera bag - to do otherwise is asking
for trouble..

My favourite (no-name) camera bag exactly fits an OM2 or OM4T with winder
AND this lens. And the hood fits neatly in a little velcro-closure pouch on the
front, just where it comes easily to hand.

Brian