[OM] Interesting Olympus DSLR News

Subject: [OM] Interesting Olympus DSLR News
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:40:40 -0500
>From dpreview:

"Below is my translation of a report in the latest copy of Chasseur D'Images
about forthcoming annuoncements on the 4/3:

Article: http://www.photim.com/INFOS/UneInfo.asp?N=732

"It now seems certain that, in spite of the support of Kodak and Fuji, the
bayonet mount of the Olympus " 4/3 " will not be universal.

We also know more about the launching of the future reflex camera of
Olympus: its next appearance in public will be at PMA, in the form of a
"mock-up " - presenting its final, but non-functional appearance.
Pre-production models could be shown in the summer, but proper marketing
will not begin before autumn 2003.

The new Olympus 4/3 digital reflex camera will be ultra compact and we hear
already about it having a resolution as much as 9 mega pixels (no official
confirmation).

The details of launching will be known only at the beginning of March."

--
Kind regards,

Rich Simpson
CP 950, 995, 5000
Olympus E100RS E20P FL-40 TCON-14B WCON-08 TCON300 MCON "

The original dpreview link is

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=4415280

Not good news that we will see anything soon, but 9 megapixels could be
cool.

-Bill