Re: [OM] Re: [OT]was Parisian arrogance, high-speed films.....

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT]was Parisian arrogance, high-speed films.....
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 21:51:03 -0800
Many, I'm sure. I remember my first trip to Mexico City in '71. There seemed to be an unbelievable number of quiet, beautiful places mixed in with the urban pace of a large city. A short walk from a chaotic street you'd find a peaceful cul de sac where people were sitting in the shade and passing the day. The last time I was there was about a decade ago and it wasn't even like the same city. I hadn't been since the early 80's and I had a hard time finding any part of the city that was recognizable to me. The trip was depressing to me and I've heard from several friends who've gone there on working trips that it's even changed significantly in the last decade. I guess a huge population explosion will do that to a city.

-Rob