[OM] Re: [OT]was Parisian arrogance, high-speed films.....

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]was Parisian arrogance, high-speed films.....
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 20:10:36 -0800
Moose wrote:

> ..Mexico City 25+ years ago was the most exciting city I've driven in...

I went to Mexico for the first time at about that same time frame. ( by
my reckoning this would be about the year 5 b.OM. :>) for me anyway so
no OM content) We took my friend Greg's Ford Pinto which is a story in
itself. Anyway as some of you probably know Mexico City has these
suicidal traffic features called glorietas. They consist of a small park
with a statue in the center surrounded by concentric rings of traffic
lanes. 4 major avenidas plus a few calles all dump into this ring round
which the cars go at breakneck speed and then go shooting off in
different directions. Doesn't take but a couple of circuits for the
gringo tourists to become totally disoriented. Took us a while to get up
the courage to just get out of the damn thing. We parked the car and
took public transit for most of our stay. The park at the center of the
glorieta is a great place to pass the time and enjoy the crashes if you
can get out there.

mike