[OM] Eyecup

Subject: [OM] Eyecup
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 09:49:08 -0500 (EST)
Cc:
Dear Zuiks and Zuikettes,
The only thing I ever complained about my OM's is the viewfinder.  It is too
close to my eyes and this is why I would like ask you if there is an eyecup
that could correct this problem, because from what I read I am not sure if
there is one.
Ever since I bought my Y*shi*a D (the lens is Y*sh*non), I was able to compose
my photos much faster, because I was able to place the viewfinder at a
comfortable distance from my eyes, so I could "see the big picture".
I know that there is one that brings the viewfinder closer so you can see more
detail, but have not heard about one that would put it at a distance.
Now one might confuse that with dioptric correction, I am not talking about
that.  I still have my 20/20.  The best way to illustrate this is like going to
the movie theaters.  If you sit closer, you'll see more detail, but the image
area is the same.  If you sit on the back, the screen is further away and you
do not need glasses to see it.  I want an eyecup that would move the viewfinder
image the same way.
Also if anyone of the members have one and is willing to part with it, please,
feel free to contact me offline.
Thanks in advance
Boris