[OM] Dreaded meter needle dance

Subject: [OM] Dreaded meter needle dance
From: "Richard Hawkins" <rhawkin3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:29:13 -0500
    I got out an old OM2 beater I had sitting on a shelf. Put fresh
batteries in and noticed immediately a problem with the meter. The needle
sits at the lower end and simply fluctuates or bounces. It never makes it to
"auto" at the bottom end of the scale when in auto mode. It does the same in
manual mode. Shutter speed, f-stop,or asa changes make no difference, it
still does that sorry little dance. The last time it was used it worked
fine. (doesn't that sound like a familiar line?) Any advice short of
shipping it off for a CLA? Don't say "trash it", it may be old and ugly but
it's still an Oly!

Rich