Re: [OM] Dreaded meter needle dance

Subject: Re: [OM] Dreaded meter needle dance
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:22:24 -0500
Could be a dry meter bearing, that is, the ground of the meter movement
depends on good electrical contact between the meter movement that turns
slightly and its outside metal case.  If the contact is bad, movement can be
wildly erratic, also if the main meter wire is fractured inside the
insulation, contact can make and break as the meter is moving.  I've seen
this only a few times.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,