[OM] XA Problem - Advise Please

Subject: [OM] XA Problem - Advise Please
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 05:58:04 -0500
Hi Folks,

I recently purchased an XA camera to use when bicycle touring. It's in nice shape - clean, very minor scratches, seals are good, etc. but it has one problem that's going to limit it's usefulness unless it's fixed - the shutter can be fired with the dust barrier (cover) closed. In it's present condition and, considering the XA's hair trigger shutter release, I think I'll end up with a lot of blank exposures. Anyone know if there's an easy fix for this problem or is it going to require professional repair that'll cost more than the camera is worth?

Thanks,
Johnny