Re: [OM] Slightly OT, Leica question

Subject: Re: [OM] Slightly OT, Leica question
From: Dizel <webmaster@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:54:40 +0100
Is there a website that I can view all the new and old model leica lenses? (Kind of like the unofficial olympus page which I love)

Not quite you want but neverteless impressive and _very_ useful
is Erwin Puts' Leica Lens Compendium, which, in PDF, you can download
here:
http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/msystem/objektive/pdf/index_e.html

It discuss new M series lenses with frequent comparisions to older designs, also discuss lens performance and overall theory of lens design. IMVHO a must read to anyone interested in photographic optics :)
All M and R lenses you have here, at Mr Puts website:
http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/leicahome.html

..along with reviews of some Leica lenses and non-Leica lenses for Leica mount. Here you can also see some reviews of Leica lenses for R mount, mainly done by Doug Herr:
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/leica/

Have a nice reading! :)
                                St.
               (XS360 Diesel - Sampo Lappelil, Z'liMC)