Re: [OM] XA Problem - Advise Please

Subject: Re: [OM] XA Problem - Advise Please
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:22:06 -0600
Yes, sounds like the problem is in the back switch -- high speed while the back
and
barrier are both closed.

Johnny Johnson wrote:

> Let me ask another question - if I decided that I could live with
> possibility of accidental shutter releases with the dust barrier closed -
> do you have any idea how battery life will be affected?

Shouldn't be a big problem.  As mentioned elsewhere, just try to not wind the
camera until just before you need to take a shot -- then it can't fire when
closed!  And even if is does, you're only out one frame.

The meter is always "on" anyway -- closing the barrier covers the meter cell,
causing the resistance to go very high.  High resistance = low current drain.
You
do want to use silver oxide batteries ONLY, btw -- lithium or alkaline
substitutes
will die rather quickly.  That's true with any XA, not just yours.