Re: [OM] 250 Film Back Question

Subject: Re: [OM] 250 Film Back Question
From: John and Julie Ockman <jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 01:33:06 -0500

chris@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On 10 Feb 2003 at 22:15, Mark Dapoz wrote:
>
> > Yes, there are two versions, and as I recall, the only difference is a
> > small metal tab that needs to be trimmed to get the older version to
> > fit on the newer bodies.  Check the list archives, I seem to remember
> > this being discussed a few years back (1999/2000 I think).
> >     -mark
>
> Thanks, Mark.  That was helpful.
>
> I checked the archives, and did find a discussion back in Jan 1999
> with some information.  I didn't, however, find anything about how
> you tell which one you've got (Gary Reese gave the parts numbers,
> but I don't see that anywhere on the back), or how to do the
> modification (and whether it's something us mere mortals can do
> ourselves).
>
> Anyone???
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris

Chris,
 My 250 film back mounts to my 2s just fine. The serial number is
101871. If you have a later SN, I think you can assume yours will mount
to the other bodies just fine. Sorry, my 4T has film in it so I can not
check with it. Hope I didn't just give an answer that means I will not
get a chance at this. I really do need the loader, and an extra back
would not be a bad thing.
John