Re: [OM] Re: 90mm F2 Macro?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 90mm F2 Macro?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:54:16 -0800

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 02:50  PM, Tom Scales wrote:

I suspect a couple things:

1) They were computer designed, unlike earlier Zuikos
2) They were contracted out for manufacture.

Not sure, just guessing.

Tom

My memory of the use of computer design for lenses is that it goes back before the OM system, at least in Japan. The Germans were a bit slow getting started though. It could be your second scenario. I suspect though that at the point it was designed Mr. Maitani was no longer in the design process. The pictures in old brochure I have seems to show most of the zooms and the white telephotos with the aperture ring near the mount. It may be just the product of a later design team whether in-house or not.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA