Re: [OM] Re: 90mm F2 Macro?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: 90mm F2 Macro?
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 00:09:47 +0100
On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:32:23 -0500
"Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's not bigger and heavier than the 100/2.  They feel remarkably
> similar. Honestly, until it was pointed out, I didn't notice the
> aperture ring in the back.  It just falls under your fingers.  It
> isn't, however, the only Zuiko with the aperture ring at the
> 'wrong' end.  That list is longer than you think and includes:
>
> 35-80/2.8
> 75-150/4
> 50-250/5
> 35-70/3.5-4.5
> 35-105/3.5-4.5
> 85-250/5
>
> You'll note the trend that many of the newer lenses had it
> relocated. I wonder if that was because of new design techniques.
> Admittedly, these are zooms.

Exactly.....I think I have never seen a prime zuiko with the apeture
ring in the back. By implication, I have then not seen the 90/2 :( I
should do something about that, everyone praises the 90/2 and I like
the 85mm focal length I have. Hmm.....I feel an attack of zuikoholism
comming up...where was that eBay again...:)

Btw., you can add the 35-70/3.6 to your list above, as can you add
the 28-48/4. That (and the 35-105) are all of zooms I keep on my
shelf ....

> Might be more, these were just on my shelf.

Why am I not surprised by that statement, Tom :)

> Oh, and I'm pretty sure the 350/2.8 is heavier.

As is the 1100/11, I am sure. Ever had one of those? :) (no, I ain't
got it, I just got to play with one a while back....impressive piece
of gear, though not terribly usefull except in very specific
situations)

--thomas

> Tom

> > >the>difference in feel between this lens and most of the other
> > >lenses in the>line.  It's like it was made on a different
> > >manufacturing line or
> something.
> > >
> > >What do you mean ? I'm mystified...
> >
> > It's heavier, bigger, and the aperture ring is in the back of the
> > lens.
> All
> > unlike any other Zuiko.
> >

> > // richard