Re: [OM] 90mm F2 Macro?

Subject: Re: [OM] 90mm F2 Macro?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:05:56 +0800
"Richard F. Man" wrote:

> At 08:42 PM 2/9/2003 -0800, R. Jackson wrote:
> >Anyone own one of these and want to comment on it? I'm just kind of
> >curious as to what the consensus is on this lens.
>
> It's overpriced comparing to the Tamron 90/2.5 and Tokina 90/2.5, but if
> you have it, you will probably never want to let it go.

Can't agree it is overpriced, you should know the same lens from
original manufacturer is usually double the one from third party, it
is true since 1980 to now. And a lens of larger aperture (0.5 to one
stop) will double the price again (or even more). See the price of
28/2 and 28/2.8 and 24/2 and 24/2.8, 100/2 and 100/2.8, they are more
than double! That means it should be at least four time the price of a
Tamron or Tokina, roughly say $700 is a fair price. BTW, who have a
90/2 macro on earth?

C.H.Ling