Re: [OM] Adams Printing

Subject: Re: [OM] Adams Printing
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 07:57:09 -0800 (PST)
>The first print was made by Adams in 1949.  The
>second print was made by him in 1978 . Wow. What a >difference.
 Even in newspaper reproduction. He certainly made >progress in
30 years. It also underscores the art in >photography.

A good point was brought up by Gary Reese and I'm paraphrasing
his comment here.  Some of the visible change could be due to
better technology.  Thirty years yielded better enlargers,
enlarger lenses, paper and chemistry.  The paper is most
definitely different between 1948 and 1978.

Maybe 30 years of age on 1948 technology/technique could have
had an effect on contrasts, etc.

AG