Re: [OM] Want to sell your Tamron zoom?

Subject: Re: [OM] Want to sell your Tamron zoom?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 10:10:10 EST
In a message dated 2/3/2003 6:43:25 AM Central Standard Time, piers@xxxxxxxx
writes:

> I am looking at two Adaptall 2 mounts, as fitted on the lens, with the red
> dot at 12 o'clock.  One of the mounts has a screw at 4 o'clock, while the
> other has this screw at 3 o'clock (both mounts have other screws at 12, 6
> and 8 - they don't matter).  The 3 o'clock screw fouls the button which
> sits
> at 9 o'clock on the OM3/4 lens mount (as you look into the camera, and the
> risk is that it will shear the tip off this button.  Both mounts are marked
> "OL", so it is not conclusive to judge by the marking on the mount

This problem does exist and I didn't discover it until I was knee deep in
Tamron Adaptall 2 mounts with the "OL" designation.  I had not looked for the
3 o'clock screw and all 8 of my mounts have the right screw configuration.
This would indicated the 3 o'clock position is relatively rare or at least
uncommon on the "OL" mounts.  Bill Barber