RE: [OM] Want to sell your Tamron zoom?

Subject: RE: [OM] Want to sell your Tamron zoom?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:42:36 -0000
Tal

I am looking at two Adaptall 2 mounts, as fitted on the lens, with the red
dot at 12 o'clock.  One of the mounts has a screw at 4 o'clock, while the
other has this screw at 3 o'clock (both mounts have other screws at 12, 6
and 8 - they don't matter).  The 3 o'clock screw fouls the button which sits
at 9 o'clock on the OM3/4 lens mount (as you look into the camera, and the
risk is that it will shear the tip off this button.  Both mounts are marked
"OL", so it is not conclusive to judge by the marking on the mount.

However, my 3 o'clock mount has the screw head filled with an epoxy filler
so that the surface of the mount is smooth - I have no problem using this on
a 4T.

I do not believe there is any such problem with the 2n body, which does not
have the button on the lens mount (but I only have a 2S to look at - it
doesn't have the button either)

Piers

PS My thanks to John, Carlos and Mickey for your responses to my question on
this button.  Emboldened by your confirmations, I took a dressmaker's pin to
the camera, and coaxed the button into action!