Re: [OM] Altitude problem examples

Subject: Re: [OM] Altitude problem examples
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 07:38:46 -0600
At 10:31 AM 2/3/2003 +0000, Donald you wrote:
Joel wrote:

<snip>
There is Elitechrome or Fuji's Astia or Sensia II.
<snip>

Hi Joel.

Aargh! So many films, so little time (and money..)!

I haven't tried Elitechrome, and I'm pretty new to Fuji having had
saturation issues in the past..!

Hi Donald,
I agree. We're actually lucky to have some choices. How long will that last before the Lidless Eye and his digital orcs bring down the walls? (Sorry, been re-reading Tolkein in prep for the third installment coming out of NZ).

I was thinking after mentioning Elitechrome that except for E200 I haven't explored it much myself. I made some photos in 1996-98 with Elitechrome, which thereafter went through some reformulation, I believe. E100VS/Elitechrome EBX was another positive experiment, but offered little to dissuade one from Velvia other than speed (certainly not cost). Kodak seems at times to have a personality disorder. Not too many films so much as too many ever-changing films. I'm always trying to get a stake in the sand.

Cheers,
Joel W.