Re: [OM] Cosina Voigtlander 40/2 for OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Cosina Voigtlander 40/2 for OM
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:28:57 -0800
on 1/29/03 2:45 PM, Jamie Costello at jcostel1168@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Richard F. Man wrote:
>
>> I just ordered one, with lens hood it's $424, lower than the average price
>> for the 40/2, much lower than a MINT 40/2 for sure. It will take about 2
>> weeks because it is a special order item. I will report on the
> performance.
>
> Richard:  Where are you ordering the lens from?  Is there a site with pics
> that we can take a gander at?  Thanks.
>
> Jamie
> Fort Myers, FL

Cameraquest -- I think its www.cameraquest.com. Burrow around in there, it
is an amazing site with a lot of interesting reviews and historical info. It
is run by Stephen Gandy. He is a gray-market dealer for the
Cosina-Voigtlander cameras and lenses... although since there is no
'official' importer for the USA at this time I don't know if he's really a
'gray market' importer any more than anyone else selling the brand. He does
offer a one-year warranty, backed by his own repair contractor (this would
be similar to the coverage you get from John H. or Clint on their repairs).

I have researched the prices for the CV rangefinder stuff he sells, and he's
competitive with the worldwide internet sellers, figuring in shipping and
customs, etc. Many list members on the CV list have purchased items from
Stephen, and I've not seen any negative feedback regarding his dealings. I
have not <yet> done business with him, but when I am ready to buy some CV
equipment that is probably where I will go.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...