Re: [OM] wide lens

Subject: Re: [OM] wide lens
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:09:40 EST
I use a 17mm Tamron that can be had for the $150 to $200 range, however it
doesn't take a 49mm filter.  Is this requirement a little like wanting a
500mm f1.4 lens that weights under 10 ounces?  If you find one that takes
49mm filters let us know and then we will all be scrambling to find one.  The
older (first version) Tamron does have a built-in 81B, 80B and Y2 filter,
covers 104 degree and is a f3.5.  These show up fairly often on ebay and take
the Adaptall 2 mounts.  I've been pleased with mine and I'm sure there are
those that might find fault with it, however I see it as a heck of a lot of
pop for the buck.  I do have the Zuiko 18mm which I probably wouldn't take
mountain climbing with me in Bolivia.