[OM] 28mm f2 zuiko for $162.50

Subject: [OM] 28mm f2 zuiko for $162.50
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:22:21 -0800
Thought provoking email:

***
I am afraid that I have some bad news. As I was
packing the 28mm Zuiko lens I noticed some
imperfections on the lens coating that  I had somehow
missed when I first examined the lens. The is a finger
print and a couple of cleaning marks. I will sell you the
lens if you still want it, or if you decide that you do not, I
will give you a full refund. I will send you the lens and
you can decide for yourself. I am also willing to give you
a partial refund if you decide that you want to keep it, but
not at the auction price. I am terribly sorry, but I guess
that my eyesight is are not what it used to be.
***
yaBe description
You are bidding on A fast Zuiko Wide angle lens. This is a Multicoated
28MM F2.0 lens. Condition is 9 out of 10. Glass and coatings are
perfect, no scratches, cleaning marks or fungus. Iris opens and closes
smoothly. Buyer pays $7.00 shipping + insurance if desired. Cashiers
Check or Money Order only
***
He already left positive feedback for me. The perplexing part is:

"I am also willing to give you a partial refund if you
decide that you want to keep it, but not at the auction
price. "

Is he saying that he will give me a refund if I pay more than the
auction price?
-jeff