Re: [OM] Camedia 5050

Subject: Re: [OM] Camedia 5050
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:42:14 -0400
Bill's comments about needed parts becoming unavailable, and thus the wisdom of
keeping a second body for a backup and a third possibly for parts, is à propos
the existing thread about Olympus and Leica lenses. As a Leica M3 user since
1970 I do not need a backup for parts; they are all presently available and the
camera is still fully serviceable, admittedly at a substantial price. However I
question whether a similar vintage OM camera would still have a full range of
repair parts available from the manufacturer. As an OM user since the late
1990s I have yet to discover whether parts for my OM4T will be readily
available from Olympus in the year 2030 and beyond.

John Hudson