Re: [OM] 50mm f1.8 vs Leica 50mm f2

Subject: Re: [OM] 50mm f1.8 vs Leica 50mm f2
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 01:24:42 -0800
At 05:05 PM 1/27/2003 +0800, Albert wrote:
Ahh... I'm sure there's a difference in the two lenses, but not from my eye, and at the $$$ difference, I think I got the bargain!!

Well, that's an easy one. Since your 50/1.8 is FREE, the 'cron has to be infinitely better to be worth it!!! :-)

Even if you pay $20 for your 50/1.8, there's no way the 'cron can be $1200/20 = 60 times better!!!

As far as jokes about 4x6's might as well be from a P&S, Yashica T4, and Olympus Epic Stylus will give all the SLR's and RF's I know, a run for its money... The Epic stylus is not beatable for picture quality when price is factored in IMNSHO...

Exactly my point. If you are going to compare 4x6s, just get a decent P&S. Heck, get a Cont*x T3 and be really impressed :-)

Now if they'd be smart and put a digital back on that lens, I'd buy one!

Did you see my post on the Digital Stylus/Muj? It will be here in March/April! 3 or 4 MP, your choice.