Re: [OM] Beattie Intenscreen vs. OM 2-X screen

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie Intenscreen vs. OM 2-X screen
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:35:05 EST
Cc: oly@xxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 1/23/2003 12:24:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, oly@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

>On the web-surf I happened to see the Beattie Intenscreen. The focusing
>screen looks like very bright and convenience. If anyone has the one or
>using now, please compare it with OM's 2-X screen.

I don't have any Beattie screens, but there is quite a bit of stuff about
them written in the archives. Most who have used both say the brightness is
about equal, but the Olympus 2-x screen are easier to focus with wide angle
lenses. The Olympus screens are cheaper, as well. The Beatties are available
with grid lines, but if you buy your Oly screens from Camtech I think John
will put lines on any screen you order (at an extra charge, of course).

Paul Schings