Re: [OM] Beattie Intenscreen vs. OM 2-X screen

Subject: Re: [OM] Beattie Intenscreen vs. OM 2-X screen
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:32:03 -0800
Woody, the grid's simple enough: four lines divide the focus screen into six equal parts (imagine a tic-tac-toe arrangement), with the line intersections handy for rule-of-thirds composition. These lines are discreet and by tale thinner than those provided by Beattie off the shelf.

By the way, John mentioned to me (when I first made inquiry re his etching) that Kodak (I believe he said) "invented" the rule of thirds--back in the 50s or 60s? I was moved to observe that this theory of composition was hardly new or in need of recent (re)invention for, as far as I know, it dates back to at least the time of Rembrandt, indeed, if not as far back as Leonardo da Vinci!

Anyone with better (fuller) knowledge of art history than I possess care to comment?

Tris

Thanks for the reply.
I heard to about John etch from you and other list, and became curious about
it, I have some Oly 2-x screen to spare but might be buy it from John.
What kind of most popular and useful grid line is? I'd like to know.