[OM] OT- the beauty of unprotected networks

Subject: [OM] OT- the beauty of unprotected networks
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:09:14 -0500
Just thought some on the list might find this humorous (homourous?).  Our
DSL service has been down since the middle of the night.  I've been getting
the run around all day (4 hours on the phone with them! Managed to clean the
whole house while on hold).  Caught them in two outright lies.  Ah, the joys
of telecom.

Anyway, to the point.  My laptop has a wireless connection. I suddenly
realized that even though our DSL was down, my laptop was still connected to
the Internet.

Through my next door neighbor's cable connection.

Seems he doesn't have WEP enabled :)

How handy for me!

Tom