Re: [OM] First night in Leic*-land. ;-)

Subject: Re: [OM] First night in Leic*-land. ;-)
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:24:08 +0100
Hi Rob,

The best camera is whatever works for you in the job
you are trying to handle.

When learning what is best for you, try to borrow or rent
a camra you like. It's a bit like cars. Tastes differ. Your
instructor likes his M6 (or he just paid too much and tries to
convince himself he did ok). First of all: Use your camera.
There is no substiture for training, no matter what sort of
camera you use.

Personally I like the OM camras for their size and low weight,
but I try other cameras when I have the chance. On the low
end, I have had great fun with cheap, watertight disposable
cameras. The optics turned out to be fair, considering the price.
It can be great fun to be able shoot under conditions you would
never expose an expensive camera to. On the high end, I have
tried cameras like Hassy, Leic* and Can*n.

So far I stay with OM (and Hassy).

Cheers,
Lars