Re: [OM] Minolta Dimage Scan Speed

Subject: Re: [OM] Minolta Dimage Scan Speed
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 07:32:22 +0000
Have a good time Tony.  I have had 2 Minolta scanners (Scan Dual and
Scan Elite F-2900) and they have both worked well.  I used them with
SCSI to Macs and Photoshop Elements.

Chris

At 23:22 +0000 11/01/03, Anthony Collins wrote:
Digital Depot in UK are selling off the remaining stocks of these
with a SCSI board for 159 pounds so I was unable to resist ordering
one to replace my Microtek 1800u. Have I made a dreadful mistake? I
was saving up for the new III model, but there didn't seem to be too
much difference in the quality of the scans, and the Speed seems to
have less to go wrong, No AF and no dust/scratch removal, but as far
as the latter goes I don't envisage scanning millions of slides so
will continue using the clone tool.

To introduce myself, I have dug out my old OM10 since getting into
digital with an Oly2040. This was bought to do the photographs to
accompany an article for a bicycling magazine and has been very good
within its obvious limitations. With my budget the extremes of focal
length are not available digitally which is where the OM10 comes in.
One of the most annoying elements of consumer digitals is not having
control of when the shutter will fire, especially if you are
shooting action The upside is that using the motordrive costs
nothing and you can blast away all day just keeping the good frames.
This afternoon was spent shooting little gulls as they swooped down
for bread. 990ictures of empty sky and one crystal clear looking
right into the lense. I could never have used film in such a
profligate way!

Lenswise I have tested negative for Zuikoholism having only the
standard 50/1.8 and tamron 28 and 75-150 plus screw on converters
bought for the 2040, A-200 1.5x and Optex 2x. A video lens which is
better than it ought to be for a 10 pound car boot sale purchase.
Fitted to the 75-150 both of these operate withot loss of stops.

Tony Collins

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker