[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3802

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3802
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:50:03 -0500
> Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:40:30 -0000
> From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>

> On the 4T spot metering is not possible in flash mode.  And if you are
> not using a T-series or F280 flash, the flash should NOT fire if the
> camera is in AUTO mode.

> Piers (a lurker who happens to have a 4T manual on his desk)

Can you or anyone give me a reference for this manual? All I got was the
instruction and "Creative Photography" booklets (and felt lucky to get
those). The latter had straightforward instructions for non-T/F flashes,
which seemed to just assume manual mode.

Things did seem to work once I twigged that light had been "insufficient".
*If* I can establish that I'm not going to fry the 4T I will experiment to
establish this. Logically, as long as the camera is willing to trigger the
flash it seems the shutter should close when enough light has come in no
matter what the mode (obviously not fast enough to prevent over-exposure
from the flash).

Enough of this for the moment - the trees are encrusted with snow and the
light is beautiful.

Andrew