Re: [OM] Damaged 135/2.8 hood

Subject: Re: [OM] Damaged 135/2.8 hood
From: "Thomas A Simmons" <tasimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:19:47 -0700

Well, Bernard, you could just ship this off and be done
with it, you have friends here that will help you recover.

Or, if you are adventurous, try this: Put a cheap filter
on the front of the lens. This is to protect the front element
from further, shall we say, screwupitus.

"borrow" your wife's rolling pin, and a wooden mallet. Slip the
lens shade over the rolling pin and every so gently tap the shade
back into shape. Take your time and tap on the high side, rolling
the shade around until it's circular again. Don't forget a gentle
pat on the side while purring "my precious"...

Or you can just sooth your aching heart by asking Mr Schnozz for
a ride in an RX8, gently rolling around corners at 50 MPH. Feel
the thrill as your cheeks roll over your ears during acceleration!

Tom
Tucson, AZ