Re: [OM] [ot] for all the car nuts, petrol heads

Subject: Re: [OM] [ot] for all the car nuts, petrol heads
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 15:13:17 -0800

you fellows have a lot more choices, we only get the E 320, 500, 55. you have multiple 4cyl supercharged options, multiple turbodeisels, in all vehicle classes. not much of a market for "lowly" 4cyl or oil burners in the "premium" market in usa, where Southern California ALONE accounts for over 100f MB sales WORLDWIDE. scroll down on this page:

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/diesel.html

they say an all new 3l v6 cdi is supposed to come here. as for sound, there is NOTHING to compare to the inline 6s made by bmw. i've never heard a sweeter sound this side of ferrari or
CART/F1.

I heard on the radio this morning that the new Mini has been voted
top car of 2003 in Detroit.

and guess what? the new 7 sold more than the previous ones! BMW got to snub their thumbs at the naysayers who thought investment that went to the mini would have been better spent on an SUV, and that the 7 wouldn't sell. they sure got their game plan down. go inline six!

/S
--
.sig

I think the sound of the BMW six is over sold. I have ridden in several BMWs and they sound remarkably like a Honda Accord 4 cylinder to me. Now my 67 Alfa GTV - that was sound.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California