Re: [OM] Photo Printer (was: Vuescan, an HP S20, and me)

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Printer (was: Vuescan, an HP S20, and me)
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 23:34:13 -0800
At 11:22 PM 1/1/2003 -0800, Richard F. Man wrote:
At 08:32 PM 1/1/2003 -0800, Moose wrote:
That may be true when the print comes out of the printer, but there are still questions about even the short term color stability of the Canon output. CU's last tests showed Canon to have the worst fading amoung the consumer printers they tested and the Dry Creek <http://www.drycreekphoto.com/PrintTest/PrintTest.htm> tests confirm this for the S9000.

Nice to know that. I own the Epson 1280 and now also a Kodak 8500 dye-sub. The Epson's output on the ColorLife and other paper suppose to be quite stable. Not as good as the dye-sub or the archival 2200 of course but they should last many good years. I have couple prints on plain Glossy Premium paper that show no sign of fading after couple years.

Wow interesting. The site that you reference actually say the Epson 1280 is BETTER than the 2200 and the Kodak 8500 in light fastness!