Re: [OM] How many pixels in a 35mm film image - Pop Photo weighs in

Subject: Re: [OM] How many pixels in a 35mm film image - Pop Photo weighs in
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:08:41 +0800
Scanning slide and negative is no comparison, slide is ten times
better for sure! Provided you have a good film scanner with
D-range>3.6 and low noise. Scanning slide get accurate color
reproduction, negative never, different negative gives different color
response curve, you can never get the exact color/tone, what you can
do is to adjust for what it looks "good" can't say accurate. So far
all negative are grainy when scanned except the discontinued Ektar 25,
slides has much less grain.

The only advantage of negative is the wide latitude, when you under or
over exposed a frame you can still get back the details during
scanning.

C.H.Ling