Re: [OM] An OM-3Ti for Christmas?

Subject: Re: [OM] An OM-3Ti for Christmas?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 12:26:28 -0800
A sideways sort of OM Christmas for me. I have almost every Oly/Zuiko bit I need, and certainly more than I can justify - at least until I want to do something photographically different. My photographic frustration has been my old computer (333Mz, 96Mb, 10Gb). Photoshop just doesn't sing and dance on that, more like crawl and whine. And all those scanned images clogged up the hard drive.

Since Oly doesn't make computers........... I now have a non-Oly 2.8Gz, 1Gb, 120Gb XP machine. I also switched from a cable net connection to DSL, significantly increasing internet speed. I'm back to sub-second response time for most of my regular computer tasks most of the time. Wheeee! I hope it will feel fast and capacious for another few years. Now if I can just find the files on that old DOS system I designed years ago and just got a support request on. And how does one set it up to run under NT/XP? I knew all that a while ago. I guess that's the problem with writing something so bulletproof that it can run for years in multiple locations without any problems. Does make me feel good, though.

Oly content: all the film scanned and played with is exposed in Olys.

Moose

Walt Wayman wrote:

Isn't it about time we started to hear from those who got Olympus goodies, even digital ones, or at least something photography- related for Christmas? It's okay to brag a bit, even to gloat if it was an OM-3Ti or some such.