[OM] Film vs Digital: DON'T WAIT!

Subject: [OM] Film vs Digital: DON'T WAIT!
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:16:41 -0800
To all you who are "waiting" for this or that, I'd encourage you to stay a bit
ahead of the learning curve by sticking your toe in the water, at least. The
best way to do this is to buy yesterday's technology, which is available for a
fraction of what it originally cost.

For example, you can get a factory refurb Olympus D-600L for under $200. It has
the trusty through-lens viewing that SLR shooters are used to, and was THE
camera to have just a few short years ago, when my dad paid almost $1600 for
one. It's still as useful a camera now as it was when it cost $1600!

To best understand what digital can or cannot do, you have to play with it.
This will also allow you to make a better purchasing decision when you do
decide to jump full into the water.

I'm on my 4th digital. I started with an Apple QuickTake. Even though I still
shoot a lot of film, my latest digital (an E-20) paid for itself within weeks
of purchase for a specific client. At each step, I've learned stuff I couldn't
have learned just by reading magazines.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>