[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3768

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3768
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 01:06:14 -0800

Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:49:49 -0800
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Review
<snip>

Just reading it and the size and weight are impressive. The battery
alone weighs 11.8 oz. Body with battery aboard is 3 lbs. 8 oz. and no
lens. Phew. If I am not mistaken that outdoes Hasselblad and some
other medium format cameras. In its favor is the ergonomic shape that
helps in holding it.
- --
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

Yeah, they sure are heavy all right. They're not Oly 35 mm gear. I was shooting with a D30 with battery grip and a big beefy 70-200L IS USM during my go-kart motorsports tryout. It was wearing my arms out! The only upside is that I will be able to wield my OM-2S and CH's beautiful 300 mm Zuiko that much more easily from all that "weight" training! ;-)

-Stephen.