Re: [OM] OM T32 flash gun

Subject: Re: [OM] OM T32 flash gun
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 19:43:03 -0400

> Skip ........ thanks for this info. Does the T-32 syn at all speeds with
the
> 4T? If so is this a better / more versatile flash than the F280? The one I
> saw today looks more like a "real" flash gun than the F280 but then I have
> never used a T-32 or even explored its possibilities.
>
> John

John, I think I can answer this one. The t32 just gives one flash, so syncs
at only 1/60 or less, when both curtains are fully open. Any faster speed
than 1/60 would not illuminate the entire frame. The F280 gives off a series
of flashes, which to the eye appear as one flash, but extend over the entire
time the curtains are opening and closing. Thus it "syncs" at all speeds up
to 1/2000, but is somewhat reduced in strength because of having to fire so
many times.
If you want to try a t32, you can borrow mine for awhile to see if you like
it.
Wayne