Re: [OM] OM T32 flash gun

Subject: Re: [OM] OM T32 flash gun
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 18:30:28 EST
Cc: 13874@xxxxxxxxxx
A quick summary of flash compatability. All bodies X-synch at 1/60 except as
noted:

Camera bodies which support full synch at all speeds with the F280:
OM-3Ti
OM-4Ti
OM-707/OM-77 (X-synch at 1/100)

Camera bodies which support TTL with a T series flash:
OM-2 with shoe 3
OM-2n with shoe 4
OM-2S
OM-3Ti
OM-4
OM-4Ti
OM-40/OM-PC
OM-707/OM-77 (X-synch is 1/100)
OM-101/OM-88 (X-synch is 1/80)

Camera bodies which support TTL flash with QA310:
OM-2 with shoe 2

Camera bodies with no TTL support:
OM-1
OM-1n
OM-3
OM-10
OM-20/OM-G
OM-30/OM-F
OM2000 (X-synch is 1/125)

None of the T series flashes support synch at all speeds. Only the F280 does
that.

Most 3rd party flashes that claim Olympus TTL support
(Metz/Sunpack/Vivitar/etc...) work the same as the Olympus T series flashes.
I don't believe there were ever any 3rd party flashes manufactured which
supported full synch like the F280.

All T series flashes have roughly the same functionality, differing only in
power:
T-18 (no built-in auto sensor, manual and TTL only)
T-20
T-32
T-45

The macro flashes (T8, T10, T28, T28 twin) all use T Power Control 1, which I
believe is manual or TTL only.

Hope this helps,

Paul