Re: [OM] OT - Contax G2?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Contax G2?
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 09:52:10 +0000
Cc: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Thanks for your thoughts Thomas.

The G2 seems to generate diametrically opposed views.  Some hate the
AF, some love it; some hate the VF, others hate that...

Chris

At 00:24 +0100 14/12/02, Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:
On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:43:25 -0500
"om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Go over toe photo.net and search for threads on the G2.  It's
 quirky camera and many people don't like it after extensive use.
 But it takes exceptional pictures.

Nothing to do with OM, but.....I have a good friend who has a Contax
G1, which I was allowed to play with intensively. I let him enjoy
some OM stuff meanwhile :) The G1 and G2 are not *that* different, so
I permit myself to chip in.....and bring the thread more OT than it
is....

It is a nice camera, however it does have its quirks. Still, though,
I found that after a short while I had grown quite comfortable with
it, and the only thing I did not immediately like was the AF, as you
point out below.
 snip
--
<|_:-)_|>