Re: [OM] China suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] China suggestions
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:25:55 +0000
Cc: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
If you are after a monopod, I really like the Billingham Camcane.
It's an extensible walking stick made of carbon-fibre in 2 sections,
one inside the other.  At the top is a screw thread into which screws
a ball.  You screw a rubber cup into the camera and place it on the
ball to steady the camera.  Alternatively, you can get a "Stalking
Grip" which is an arc of tough rubber which screws onto the top of
the Camcane and on which you can rest the lens (it's intended for
telephoto lenses).  Another option is the "Rubberneck" which is
basically a flexible mount with a tripod screw.  It steadies the
camera, but allows movement.  The first 2 options are comfortable for
use as a walking cane and it is good for rough trails and river
crossings for steadying you...

I have had one Camcane for 5 years, and I have just bought a second,
both with shoulder straps.  Try www.billingham.com for details, but
an email to them will get an order sorted - if you fancy it.

Chis