Re: [OM] OT: New e-mail address

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: New e-mail address
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 18:15:22 -0800
At 03:41 PM 12/9/2002 -0800, Moose wrote:
I've finished (I hope!) switching from cable broadband service to DSL, so I have a new e-mail address for the list.
I'm now olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Is it just me, or is tech support in general getting better? My last few encounters with 'phone support have been with competent, pleasant and helpful people. Bless them for making my life more pleasant.

Congratulation. The thought of Pacbell DSL brings up the memory of Pachell for me. Briefly, 3 summers ago, after apying for Pacbell DSL for over 2 years, we were in Orlando for the Junior Olympics and the conversations went on something like this:
***
Us: "We've checked all possibilities, and it's definitely not a phone line or ISP problem. You seem to have somehow cut off our DSL service."

PB: "I'm sorry, our computer shows there is no record of you having DSL service."

Us: "But we can fax you 2 years of bills to prove we have DSL service!!! Please, can't you find someone who can help us restore it?"

PB: "Sorry, I can't help you. <click>")
****

An article illuminates the problems at that time: <http://web.archive.org/web/20010405192845/http://www.eastbayexpress.com/archive/120100/cover_120100.html>

I hope and think they are better nowadays.... We have switched to business DSL from Covad since....