[OM] Tokina 90mm/f2.5 (was OM vs. Leica)

Subject: [OM] Tokina 90mm/f2.5 (was OM vs. Leica)
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 19:40:27 +0800
Hmm.  It might be your Tokina..

I had a picture at the zoo of my gf, one was shot with my Zuiko 50mm,f1.8 and the other with the Tokina 90mm/f2.5, and basically the exact same shot, same place, and similar composition, Same roll of film, same place, same lighting, everything was as close to the same as possible. The Tokina was MUCH sharper, so sharp I could see the pores on my gf's face (she doesn't appreciate her zits being filmed like that) but it was that sharp. It was so much more noticably sharper that I had no problems picking out which ones were shot with the 50mm and which was shot with the Tokina.

But again, most tell me the 28mm/f2.8 is a serious performer, and I've found mine to be only so so, and still wouldn't mind selling it for a Tokina 28mm, but from the advice on this board, and the cost of the Tokina 28mm (NIB), I'd probably just buy it and keep the Zuiko still.