[OM] WE 2002 - clarification

Subject: [OM] WE 2002 - clarification
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:15:27 -0600
Just to clarify a few things, I wanted to review the intentions of the
exchanges.

Required is an 8x10 print of photographic quality.  This means that ink
jet prints are accepted (though not preferred) but must be of archival
quality.  Also, a description of your working method, equipment, film,
subject, etc. should accompany the photograph.

Also, the print must be received by (and opened on) December 21st 2002.

This photograph should be a representation of the work that has most
interested you over the past year.  What we are looking for is not
necessarily the "prettiest", but something which is (hopefully) unique
to the OM equipment that you used.  Some good examples (though all
submission were excellent!) are Niels Vandrup's who consciously took an
event, film, and equipment combination to achieve the desired product.
Similarly Daryl Hurley worked tirelessly to achieve excellent results.

I hope that we can learn about working methods and potential uses of our
equipment.  As we often concentrate on particular subjects and methods,
the print will have its value as YOUR work, and not something that may
be seen as universally "good".  One participant even chooses his
photograph for the particular recipient.  That is, knowing what kind of
work they do, and what their interests are, he selects the photograph
that best suits them.  Though not all of us have a body of work large
enough to make such decisions, I can certainly appreciate the time he
puts into his decisions!

I hope this helps, and feel free to ask ANY questions!  I'm only
half-way through my first cup of coffee and may not have explained
things clearly. ;)

Bob

P.S.

I am on digest mode, so I may not have immediate responses.