Re: [OM] Lens cleaning (acetone a carcinogen?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens cleaning (acetone a carcinogen?)
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:50:41 -0500
Thanks for the clarification, guys.   Though it has been associated with
(only)  miscarriages, deformed sperm, eye irritation, nausea, kidney damage,
I guess that was enough for Olympus to ban it (along with MEK, Inhibisol,
benzyne, trichlorethane etc) from their service dept. over 20 years ago.
THEN we couldn't even use freon. ......sheesh.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,
please call 1-800-221-3000