Re: [OM] sad day maybe...

Subject: Re: [OM] sad day maybe...
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:25:43 +0100
On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 07:50:59AM -0800, Dave Dougherty wrote:

> I don't particularly feel the need for a replacement as yet.  However, I
> know that the march of progress will leave the E-20 and all 5 MP cameras
> behind soon.

Hmm, IMHO is the coming behind of a 5MP camera just due to public opinion
(=marketing) like the "behindcoming" of the OM1  ;-) . When I agree with
 the 1 Mio. Pixel requirement-rule as a constant of the human eye, -what
I do- then I conclude that the outdating of 5 MP camera will not be
 caused by resolution.

In this point I agree with Olympus offical statement that the race for
 resolution in the mass market is over. Because 5MP satisfy enough demands.
 My conviction is that crucial (!) higher resolution-cameras ( => 10 MPix)
 will be for special purpose only until it is availabe for an apple and a
 egg, and a 8Ghz-PC too *g*.

Frieder Faig