Re: [OM] The best Third Party zoom lenses.

Subject: Re: [OM] The best Third Party zoom lenses.
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 08:16:12 EST
In a message dated 11/16/2002 10:11:18 PM Central Standard Time,
GMcGrath@xxxxxxx writes:

> Tokina AT-X
> 28-85/3.5-4.5 is also a very good lens

I agree with this one (not that I disagree on the Tamron - I just haven't
used one).  When hunting and gathering these older lens, if you are like me
and have a compulsive behavior that has you wanting a lens hood that is
"right" for your lens, try to find a lens with its dedicated hood.  It took
me about 6 months to find the hood for this Tokina. Similar experiences
occurred with the Tamron 90mm f2.5, Tamron 60-300mm, 18mm Zuiko & Zuiko
28-48mm.  Bill Barber