Re: [OM] Can I use Lithium battery in OMs?

Subject: Re: [OM] Can I use Lithium battery in OMs?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 08:40:46 -0500
The 2/2N meter are essentially the same and have no power regulation for the
meter movement.  Exposure in auto is not affected (though lower amperage
causes lockup).  2/2N were designed around the silver oxide battery, the
lithium battery came out when the 2N was being sold.  Then Olympus put a
bright pink banner inside each new 2N, warning the user to use silver oxide
batteries only.
If you're shooting print film, you're not likely to see the underexposure.
The printer automatically compensates for the thin negatives.  Slides
however are often dark.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,