Re: [OM] To buy or not to buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] To buy or not to buy?
From: VS <VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 17:07:32 +1100
In message <6.14bbd33.2af37043@xxxxxxx>, NSURIT@xxxxxxx writes:

>In a message dated 10/31/2002 11:14:49 PM Central Standard Time,
>VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>> I've made up my mind on it. I'll put the money in the OM4-Ti fund and
>> wait for a good specimen to show up on Aussie eB?y.
>>

>I was not trying to discourage you from getting the OM 2S, just letting you
>know what the down side is to this body.

Bill,

I know that. :-) I was leaning more towards not buying it before I
mailed the list, and you just confirmed my dark thoughts about 2S. I
might get her another representative of the OM-2 family.

>                                          If you can buy them for $160 and I
>would suggest that number is in the range at which they are available, you
>could probably buy 4 or 5 of them for what a good 4T is going to cost.

Yeah, 4T is not really cheap, but knowing the end user of the camera,
I'll be better off paying a whole lot more for 4T and not have to worry
that it might irrepairably (well, economically speaking) break down any
time now. :-) Hmmm, coming to think of it, I just spotted an OM 4 going
for about twice the price of 2S. Hmmm. Naaaah.

>                                                                        Put
>another way, I have several OM 2Ss and a couple of 4s and the 4s seldom get
>used.

I think I'll still skip this 2S. I'm affraid of buying something that my
dearly belowed couldn't use forever and a day. (A slight exaggeration
doesn't hurt.)

Cheers,

Saso